Thursday, October 15, 2015

I Am A Warrior!



Don't you just love when the Lord shows up to do business with you unexpectedly?  Even as I sit here today and write, I know this message is intended for me.  I think about that often when I write, who is this for Lord?  Help my words be the words you want her to hear.  Today, I know these words are for me, maybe for a few of you too, but definitely for me.


I went to see War Room with a friend yesterday.  If you haven't seen it yet, run.  It is such a great movie and maybe the Lord will show up to do business with you just as He did with me.  As we were walking in my friend said, "what are you going to blog about tomorrow?".  I had no idea.  I wonder if the Lord chuckled knowing that my lack of words would soon be replaced by a river of emotions flowing swiftly as I had one thought after another.  He showed me so many things about myself. And, honestly, I am so grateful that He is a loving Father who deals with me gently.


Anyone who has been on any team that I lead knows that one of my very favorite questions to ask is "what is your at bat song"?  You know - the song you play to get you pumped up, the one that is the anthem to your current situation - it can change over time or all the time.  Well, currently my at bat song is This Is Your Fight Song by Rachel Platten.  I love this song.  And, wow, is it appropriate about what the Lord is showing me.


Back to War Room, if you don't know it is all about prayer, prayer life really. Watching it made me think about my own prayer life.   I pray.  I pray almost all day long most days, just a breath of prayer as I head into a meeting or on the way to school or as I am getting ready or if I am about to lose it (that's probably the most frequent one).  But this is what the Lord is showing me:  Am I doing battle for the things that are most important?  Am I FIGHTING for the things I hold most dear? Let's be real, the enemy isn't just breathing small whispers of discouragement, lies or distractions.  He comes prepared to destroy us.  Every day.  But Jesus, oh sweet Jesus, He is here to give us life and give it abundantly. John 10:10 tells us:
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. 
 So I have to ask myself, why am I not going to battle against an enemy who wants to destroy me, my family, and my dreams every day?  Why am I not fighting him fervently?  Why am I breathing whispers to Jesus instead of proclaiming the goodness, the glory and the promises He has made to me with every breath I have as loud as my voice can project?  I know the Lord loves our small conversations all day.  I know He guides me quietly through these times and I know He is always listening.  But I also know that it is time to do battle.  It is time for me to be a WARRIOR for the people whom I have been sent to do battle for.  If I want my daughters to be brave, honest, confident and pure  I better be on my knees every day speaking those things over them in scripture and rebuking the one that would love nothing more than to see them week, deceitful, scared and alone.  If I want my marriage to be full of love, respect and passion, I better be on my knees battling the one who wants to see it full of hate, distraction, anger and resentment.  If I want to see my friends prosper, I need to commit to praying prosperity over them.  I am not fighting like the warrior He designed me to be.  But that stops now.  I am preparing to fight the enemy with the sword He has given me.  And I am prepared to see every single promise He has made be delivered. Oh my goodness, I am ready.  I have my at bat song playing and I am here to fight.  My daughters will know who has their back, my husband will know who has his, and my friends can count on me lining up with Him behind them.  I am marching into battle with my head held high and my tongue armed with scripture that tells me that I am His.  And here is the best news yet, we already know who wins our battles.  The victory is already ours.  Why wouldn't we jump on that?  Everybody wants to be on the winning team, we already are but we have to show up on the playing field and declare what is rightfully ours.  Reminds me of another great at bat song - Put Me In Coach!


So, this is me - I have these great conversations with God, He tells me what He wants me do and then I find a way to complicate it.  I do.  However, this complication isn't all that complicated and it is a fun way for me to commit to my prayer time and what I am praying over.  I made myself Prayer Warrior cards so that I can write down scriptures, prayers, or words He gives me for the people I am praying for, and yes, that includes me.  I think it will be so awesome to watch these prayers be answered.  I may even send some of my prayer cards to my friends when I know He gave me something for them.  And I am definitely saving the ones I have for Madie, Marlie Grace and Mike.  I want my family to see, remember, and honor all that He is doing in our lives.  If you want my prayer cards, let me know, I will happily send them to you too! Oh - and if you want to share your at bat song with me, I sure would like to know it!  Just post in the comments and then play it loud as we all line up and march in to take over what is ours!


2 comments :

  1. Love this idea of a fight song! For right now, I'm gonna pick Walls by Cody Carnes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I pray often that all the walls will continue to come down in my own life!

      Delete